Chic Gifts for Mother’s Day 2013
No slides are available in this gallery
Aside from being the most loving, caring, amazing woman I know, my mother is also one of the most difficult people in the world to shop for. Having every physical possession known to man (and then some) makes buying gifts for mom a real doozie. Oh how I miss the days when a macaroni necklace or a homemade coupon book did the trick. Obviously a cape makes a wonderful gift, especially for those hard-to-please moms, but since my mother already has several closets full, I came up with a list of curated treats she’s sure to enjoy.
1. Veuve Clicquot Shakkei Rosé: What mom doesn’t love champagne? Packaged in a Japanese inspired box that opens like a kimono, this bubbly’s almost too pretty to drink (almost).
2. Nudo Adopt an Olive Tree: One of the coolest ideas I’ve seen in a while. After choosing from one of Nudo’s many idyllic groves in Eastern Italy, not only will an olive tree will be officially adopted in your mother’s name, but mom will also receive 3 tins of a extra virgin olive oil straight from her very own tree.
3. Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: If your mom is like mine (or any woman I know for that matter), she is certifiably Downton obsessed. Find out the real story behind Highclere Castle AKA Downton Abbey and the real-life Lady Cora Crawley.
4. Vosges Exotic Truffle Collection: The best-selling collection from the delicious wizards at Vosges Haute Chocolate.
5. Smythson Yummy Mummy Notebook: When it comes to making lists, my mother is queen. While she may choose notebooks and agendas over iPhones and tablets, Smythson’s gorgeous collections mean she can keep it old school without compromising style.
6. Fornasetti Flora Candle: This candle sends our chic-meter through the roof. The subtle floral notes mixed with sandalwood and musk strike a perfect fragrant balance. Plus the gorgeous porcelain container adorned with the face of famed opera singer Lina Cavaliere makes for a gorgeous statement piece in any room.